Since 1999 TeleTrusT has invited to compete for the "TeleTrusT Innovation Award". The TeleTrusT Innovation Award is intended for companies or institutions who develop or apply innovative and trusted information technology, software or online service solutions in industry and government.
Selection criteria are:
- the degree of innovation;
- the benefit to the user;
- the compliance with standards;
- the model character of the submitted proposal at national, European and global level.
The evaluation is conducted by a jury. The jury reflects the approach of TeleTrusT to focus on IT security in an interdisciplinary manner – hence including the scientific perspective and considering privacy issues as well as consumer protection and fitness for purpose. The jury investigates whether the security level of the submitted application is appropriate and whether security features are an integral part. In addition, particular attention is dedicated to interoperability and if it can be proofed that the application offers measurable economic benefit. The award ceremony is traditionally part of the "Information Security Solutions Europe Conference" (ISSE).
Previous award winners
- 2012 Fraunhofer-Institute SIT: "BizzTrust - Usable security for smart devices"
- 2011 Sirrix: "BitBox – Browser in the Box"
- 2010 Fraunhofer FOKUS: "U-Prove-Technology" (Microsoft application for new German ID card)
1st: Spanish Savings Banks Confederation (Confederación Española de Cajas de Ahorros, CECA): Digitalized Signature for financial sector
2nd: Sirrix AG out of Saarbruecken: "Trusted VPN System";
3rd: Bundesdruckerei: "Modern Identity Management - Car Registration Scenario'";
3rd/b: ObjectSecurity Ltd.: "Open PMF 2.0"
1st: Secusmart: Secuvoice";
2nd: CONNET (SI);
3rd: CORISECIO (DE)
- 2007 Safelayer: "PKI solution"
- 2006 T-Systems & T-Mobile: "Access protection via onetime password over mobile phone"
- 2005 Deutscher Sparkassenverlag: Web-based deployment of certificates for qualified electronic signatures on ec-/Maestro cards"
- 2004 KOBIL: "mIDentity"
- Deutsche Rentenversicherung (German Annuity Assurance)
- ekey (AT)
- Deutscher Genossenschafts-Verlag
- Finanzamt München (Munich Tax Office)
- BfG Bank